‘It Chapter Two’ Trailer Breakdown: “I Dreamt Of You. I Craved You. I’ve Missed You.”

/Film | 7/18/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/it-chapter-two-trailer-breakdown-new.jpg

‘It Chapter Two’ Trailer Breakdown: “I Dreamt Of You. I Craved You. I’ve Missed You.”

The full trailer for It Chapter Two arrived today, bringing with it a whole new cavalcade of terrors to give viewers nightmares. The sequel to 2017’s It brings the Losers’ Club back to Derry to battle Pennywise the Clown again. Will they finally succeed as adults? Or will Pennywise end up eating every last one of them? Our It Chapter Two trailer breakdown below delves into some of the film’s secrets. Beware of spoilers.

Calm - Storm - Trailer - Note - Shot

The calm before the storm. The trailer begins on an almost pleasant note: an autumnal shot of Derry, and our old friends Bill (Jaeden Martell) and Bev (Sophia Lillis) riding on Bill’s bike, with Bev clearly swooning a bit. This is a new scene, not something recycled from the first movie. “Something happens when we leave this town,” a voice tells us. “The farther away, the hazier it gets.”

That voice belongs to the adult Mike Hanlon (Isaiah Mustafa). “But me,” Mike’s voice-over continues. “I never left…I remember all of it.” In Stephen King’s novel, Mike remains in Derry while all the other members of the Losers’ Club move away. He grows up to become a librarian, and spends his spare time chronicling all the terrible things that happened in town over the decades, and also remaining vigilant for the return of Pennywise. While the other adult Losers have forgotten their childhood battle with Pennywise the Clown, Mike’s memory remains intact.

Impression - Trailer - Chapter - Mike - Move

The impression I get from this trailer is that It Chapter Two is going to give Mike more to do, which is a good move. The first film received some criticism for sidelining Mike a bit more than the other Losers.

After a mostly benign intro, the It Chapter Two trailer then kicks into horror...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!