MSNBC’s All In: Trump Unleashing ‘Animal Spirits’

NewsBusters | 7/18/2019 | Staff
shankay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/all_in_with_chris_hayes_-_8_09_09_pm_-_8_12_48_pm_-_08_00_57_pm.jpg

Wednesday night, MSNBC’s All In continued to milk the “is Trump a racist” debate, this time focusing on the President's remarks at his most recent rally. Host Chris Hayes began by explaining one of the liberal media's most difficult quandaries: “What do you do with a Trump rally?” Well, the answer seemed obvious enough as Hayes and guests proceeded to name-call and tear Trump and his supporters apart.

Hayes ensued: “And at the culmination of an attack on Ilhan Omar, he accused her of being an anti-Semite and the crowd sort of took it from there.” Rather than examine the Democratic Congresswoman's history of anti-Semitic rhetoric, Hayes made it clear Omar would not be held accountable for her remarks.

Host - Clip - Rally - Crowd - Americans

The host then showed a clip from the rally and warned: “That's a crowd of Americans being incited by the American president to chant 'Send her back' against an American congresswoman.”

Political analyst and commentator, Zerlina Maxwell joined the conversation lamenting with Hayes: “This is a sad moment for the country, but it's not surprising in any way. I think some of this goes all the way back to the 2008 campaign. Some of his rallies remind me of the Sarah Palin rallies.” She continued: “I felt -- I feel like that is where this originated and that sort of fervor and that racial resentment being openly expressed. What Donald Trump has done is normalize racism.” Is this supposed to imply that Trump’s base has always been inherently racist? That all along they’ve been awaiting Trump to give them the “okay” on racism?

Maya - Wiley - Assistant - US - Attorney

Apparently so. Maya Wiley, a former assistant U.S. attorney stated: “…we saw it in the headlines today around the vote to denounce his racism, that it became energizing, energizing for the Trump base.”

Hayes then got to the heart of the matter, prompting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.
Tagged: