The Still Terrifying Details of the Murder of Rebecca Schaeffer: A Star on the Rise and an Obsession Turned Deadly

E! Online | 7/18/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019617/rs_600x600-190717173104-600-rebecca-shaeffer-me-71719.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

The following day, Tuscon police received a report of a man disrupting traffic at a major intersection. Bardo, who had been running near a freeway yelling that he killed Rebecca Schaeffer, was arrested and the officers, after finding a photo of Rebecca in his pocket, immediately contacted authorities in Los Angeles. Police there had already received a tip from a woman in Tennessee who said Bardo had been obsessed with Schaeffer. Tuscon police faxed Bardo's picture over and neighbors identified him as the man they'd seen asking about Rebecca.

The woman turned out to be his sister, and he had written to her in Knoxville before leaving again for L.A., "I have an obsession with the unattainable and I have to eliminate (something) that I cannot attain."

Rebecca - Problems - Maine - Samantha - Smith

Before he tracked down Rebecca, he had other problems. He once went to Maine looking for Samantha Smith, a young peace activist who made...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!