McDonalds employee claims this is the way to get free drinks

Mail Online | 7/17/2019 | Freya Drohan For Dailymail.com
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/17/20/16176224-0-image-a-134_1563390454458.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/17/2713963043017412243/1024x576_MP4_2713963043017412243.mp4

A McDonalds employee has revealed a secret hack to getting free drinks - and earned himself viral fame in the process.

There are over 38,000 McDonalds locations in the world - and thanks to one US-based staff member, there might have to be an emergency meeting of managers today.

Employee - Online - Username - @ - Leroy_corduroy

The employee, who is known only by his online username @leroy_corduroy, shared a video to TikTok revealing exactly how customers could scam a free drink.

Starting his broadcast from the restaurant bathroom, @leroy_corduroy explained that, 'Every McDonalds leaves the key under the ketchup'.

Camera - Area - Bucket - Single-use - Condiments

He proceeded to direct the camera to the area where a bucket of single-use condiments is stored, right beside the soda fountains. Lifting the metal bucket, sure enough there lies a small key.

'You want to take the key and go to the last cabinet and put it in,' the employee continues as he shows self-filmed footage of his free hand opening the lock.

'After - Key - Size - Cup - Size

'After you get the key in, you can get any size cup, any size straw and any size lid and get a free drink,' he proves, as he reveals the hidden stash of spare containers.

Usually, customers must pay for their sodas at the counter in order to obtain a cup to fill up at the drinks fountain.

Date - Video - Times

To date, the short video has been viewed 1.2 million times.

TikTok users seemed equally angered and bemused by the video, with over 12,000 people weighing in on the comments section.

Wendy - Week - User

'I'm guessing I'll be seeing you at Wendy's next week,' one user jokingly wrote.

Several commentors called for the employee to be fired, while others asked, 'Why not just ask for a water cup if it's that important to get a free drink?'

Poster

The original poster was also called out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!