Teenager who was denied a job at Six Flags because of his dreadlocks lands a MODELING contract

Mail Online | 7/17/2019 | Shirley Donlon For Dailymail.com
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/17/18/16172072-0-image-a-93_1563382843052.jpg

A 17-year-old boy who was denied a summer job at Six Flags because of his dreadlocks has landed a modeling contract.

Kerion Washington, from Fort Worth, Texas, applied to the theme park for his first ever job, but learned after showing up for an interview that his hair was a problem for the brand, which left him feeling 'confused and disappointed'.

School - Junior - Story - IMG - Models

However, after the high school junior's story blew up online, he was scouted by IMG Models LA and went on to land a modeling contract with Texas-based agency Jones Model Management.

Kerion applied for a job at the theme park in Texas back in March. However, he was denied the job on the basis of his hair, which is styled in dreadlocks.

Mother - Karis - Facebook - Disappointment - Situation

His mother Karis took to Facebook to reveal her disappointment at the situation, writing: 'Took my son for an interview at 6 flag...he didn't get the job cuz [sic] he has locs (dreads).'

'I spoke with the HR Supervisor and she said they gave him the opportunity to come back when he don't have dreads.

'She - Dreads - NOT - Braids

'She said dreads are NOT allowed but he can have braids,' she added.

Karis said the HR Supervisor said dreadlocks are 'an extreme hairstyle', before comparing them to tattoos and piercings.

'I - Grooming - Policy - Hair - Inches

She added: 'I told her I read the grooming policy and it says your hair cannot hang more than two inches below your collar and two inches above your head including dreads, braids, etc.... nowhere did i read dreads are not allowed.

'Then she said she can see how i got confused but dreads are not allowed,' Karis said, concluding her post which quickly went viral.

Fox - Kerion - Situation

Speaking to Fox 5, Kerion said he was 'confused and disappointed' over the situation.

However Kerion's situation wasn't all bad, as Corrie Caster, head of development of IMG Models Los...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?