Trump on Omar: ‘There’s a Lot of Talk About the Fact That She Was Married to Her Brother’

Washington Free Beacon | 7/17/2019 | Jeffrey Cimmino
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/trump-youtube-7.17.19-e1563399387173.png

President Donald Trump addressed a question about Rep. Ilhan Omar's (D., Minn.) marital history on Wednesday, saying "there's a lot of talk" about her having been married to her brother.

"Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You're asking me a question about it. I don't know, but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that," Trump said at the White House.

Omar - Congresswomen - Trump - Countries - Origin

Omar is one of the four congresswomen Trump tweeted to "go back" to their countries of origin on Sunday, leading to a rebuke from the House of Representatives, mostly on party lines.

The Minnesota Star-Tribune reported yesterday that "new investigative documents released by a state agency have given fresh life to lingering questions about the marital history of Rep. Ilhan Omar and whether she once married a man — possibly her own brother — to skirt immigration laws."

Tribune

According to the Tribune:

Omar has denied the allegations in the past, dismissing them as "baseless rumors" first raised in an...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!