CNN's Sciutto Shames GOP Senator for Calling The Squad 'Whack Jobs'

NewsBusters | 7/17/2019 | Staff
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/cnn_newsroom_with_poppy_harlow_and_jim_sciutto_-_09_46_32_am.jpg

The media must be exhausted from constantly moving the goal posts. First, it was why won't Republicans condemn President Trump and his tweets, then the condemnation was not sufficient and now, according to CNN Newsroom co-host Jim Sciutto are damaging the state of political discourse by calling the four Democratic congresswomen "whacko birds."

On Tuesday Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy told Tucker Carlson that "The Squad" is the reason that there are directions on shampoo and declared them to be "whack jobs." Kennedy joined an incensed Sciutto on Wednesday to talk about it.

Sciutto - Kennedy - Intelligence - President - Trump

Sciutto told Kennedy that he was "insulting their intelligence" and with President Trump now quoting him, asked Kennedy, "Do you think your words helped or hurt dialogue on this issue?"

Kennedy, who is one of the Senate's more colorful personalities, responded by saying, "I don't know the answer to that, but they are heartfelt." Sciutto was not convinced, "Heartfelt to call sitting congresswomen whack jobs?" Kennedy did not back down, "Yeah, I believe that. I believe the four congresswomen are more famous than wise."

Kennedy - Sciutto - Forth - Congresswomen - America

Kennedy and Sciutto then got into a lengthy back and forth whether the four congresswomen hated America.

When it was time for the segment to come to an end, Sciutto tried to end by telling Kennedy, "Right, we will disagree on whether criticizing a country constitutes hate, but Senator I do appreciate," but Kennedy wouldn't let that be the last word:

Wait - Jim - Degree - Criticism - Way

Wait, Jim, it's the degree of criticism and it's the way you criticize. I don't think it's fair -- I don't think it lifts America up to be anti-immigrant. I also don't think it lifts America up to call people queers. I don't think it lifts America up to spread anti-Jewish tropes and say it's all about the Benjamins. I don’t think any of this lifts America...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!