Using Your Summer To Gear Up For The Fall

Orange Leaders | 7/17/2019 | Jim Wideman
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/07/iStock-524393942-cropped.jpg

Where did this year go? It seems like just yesterday we were talking about gearing up for the new year, then we were getting a jump on Easter, now it’s come and gone and we’re in the thick of summer. With camps, VBS and mission trips all planned, now is the time to use the rest of your summer to plan for the rest of the year. If you’ve read my book “Beat The Clock” or any of my other articles on time management here on the Orange Leader’s Blog, you’ve heard me say there are just four steps to change from a mere calendar keeper to an effective time management.

The first step is planning.

Identify - Event - Meetings - Leaders - Parents

Identify every event, including meetings you need to have, for leaders, parents as well as kids and students. Don’t forget about training. Be sure and go on www.orangetour.org and see when and where we are coming nearest to you. Now is the right time to add this to your calendar and have your workers save some vacation to use to attend this special fall event. By planning early and having your workers sign up early you can take advantage of the early bird discounts. After you’re all signed up for Orange Tour start with something to celebrate back to school. This can be a party or celebration of a family play night. Then do a kickoff or training for small group leaders or a new worker orientation meeting for new folks to the team. Mix it up and do something different, always add food (If you feed them, they will come! Have a meet your small group leader event for kids and parents. September is a great time to train both parents and small group leaders with Orange’s Phase Guides and resources. Phase banquets or events...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: