Dad, 17, and mom, 25, charged in child abuse death of one-year-old left in 'unspeakable' condition

Mail Online | 7/9/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/16/18/16125634-0-image-a-34_1563297537849.jpg

The parents of a North Carolina baby who was left in an 'unspeakable' state when she died a week ago, have been arrested for her abuse and murder.

Jadalyn Barton was reported unresponsive and had multiple bruises on her body after a 11.59pm 911 call last Tuesday and her parents transported her to the Southeastern Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Child - Father - Jonathan - Blake - Barton

The child's father Jonathan Blake Barton, 17, was arrested two days later on Thursday and mother Sarah Hardin, 25, was taken into custody on Friday.

Sheriff Burnis Wilkins of the Robeson County Sheriff's Office stated: 'This is such a troubling case that no one would want to imagine. The condition of this innocent infant is unspeakable and was really difficult for our investigators.'

Sheriff - Wilkins - Case - Details

Sheriff Wilkins was so horrified by the case that he opted not to speak about the details.

He asked the community to pray and called it 'a horrible situation that I could speak on but I will leave it in God's hands'.

Barton - South - Forty - Drive - Residence

Barton was first to be arrested at his South Forty Drive residence by Robeson County Sheriff's Office Homicide and Juvenile Divisions investigators.

He was charged with first degree murder and felony child abuse inflicting serious injury in relation to the little girl's death.

Barton - Robeson - County - Detention - Center

Barton was initially held at the Robeson County Detention Center with no bond but was given a bond on Friday because he is under the age of 18. It was set at $3million.

Hardin is charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious injury and is being held in the Robeson County Detention Center with a $1.5million bond but it was raised to $5million after a Monday court appearance.

GoFundMe - Page - Costs - Child

A GoFundMe page had been set up to cover burial costs for the child but it was later deleted.

The description read: 'My family asks for your support for the burial...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!