Father Whose Family Died In Ethiopian Plane Crash To Brief Congress

www.oann.com | 7/8/2019 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
NAIROBI (Reuters) – Before flying to Washington to climb the steps of Congress and testify to a crowd of aviation experts and lawmakers this week, Paul Njoroge spent a desolate weekend packing away toys his children would never play with again.

All three of them – chubby baby Rubi, four-year-old songstress Kelli, and six-year-old Ryan, who dreamed of being an astronaut – were killed alongside his wife Carolyne and mother-in-law Anne on Ethiopia Airlines Flight 302 on March 10.

Nothing - Investment - Professional - Reuters - Telephone

“Without them I feel nothing. I’m empty,” the 35-year-old investment professional told Reuters by telephone from his company house in Bermuda. “The pain will never go away. I will think of them every minute for the rest of my life.”

The crash of the new Boeing 737 MAX model, six minutes after take-off, came months after the same model crashed in Indonesia.

Reports - Cases - Role - System - Plane

Preliminary reports in both cases highlighted the role of an automated system that erroneously pointed the plane’s nose down as pilots struggled to override it. The two crashes killed 346 people.

Njoroge, like many of the victims’ families, has filed a lawsuit accusing Boeing Co of negligence.

Crash - Family - Visit - Kenya - Justice

He has not been able to work since the crash, which occurred during his family’s visit to their native Kenya. Getting justice is the only thing that gets him out of bed in the morning, he said.

“For most of these families, our lives stopped completely with the crash,” he said. “What motivates us now is to be an advocate for aviation safety.”

Congress - Wednesday - Hearing

He will testify in Congress at Wednesday’s hearing,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!