'I'm not gay': Dwight Howard denies attempting to conceal homosexual affair

Mail Online | 7/16/2019 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/16/22/16134324-0-image-a-9_1563311137087.jpg

Dwight Howard has publicly denied being gay months after a man claimed on social media that he and the former NBA All-Star had been engaged in a romantic relationship.

During an interview on FS1's Fair Game with Kristine Leahy, Howard, 33, discussed the allegations about his sexuality that emerged in November, while he was playing for the Washington Wizards. Howard has since been traded to the Memphis Grizzlies.

Howard - Leahy - FS1 - Interview - Wednesday

'I'm not gay,' Howard told Leahy in the FS1 interview, which will air on Wednesday. 'It's a lot of people who are and they have to hide, and there's people who have mental issues and they have to hide. There's people who have different problems in life and they have to hide. They have to put on the mask every day, and it's like, I don't wanna wear no mask, I just wanna be.'

In November of 2018, an openly gay man named Masin Elije claimed on Twitter that he and Howard had been in a relationship, but stopped dating because the NBA center was cheating on him with other gay men.

SCROLL - DOWN - FOR - VIDEO

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

When the relationship ended, Elije alleged, Howard and his pastor Calvin Simmons supposedly tried to persuade him to take a payoff and sign a non-disclosure agreement. According to Elije, Howard and Simmons went so far as to harass, shame, and even threaten him into signing.

'I - Today - Life - Someone - Boyfriend

'I was afraid to speak but today my life was threatened after I was sexually harassed, threatened and manipulated, by someone I respected, my ex boyfriend NBA player Dwight Howard, and his camp also 'catfished' by his disrespectful **** PASTOR,' Elije wrote in a Twitter thread, in which he also purported to post screenshots of his interactions with Howard.

In March, Elije filed a lawsuit against Howard, who countersued in April.

Howard

Howard has maintained that he never met...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: