3 Reasons Why Your Church Isn’t Producing Spiritual Growth – Episode 102 | The Unstuck Church Podcast

TonyMorganLive.com | 7/16/2019 | Tony Morgan
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i2.wp.com/tonymorganlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/william-warby-WahfNoqbYnM-unsplash.jpg?fit=1200,900&ssl=1

If you enjoy this episode, subscribe on your device for more:

This is how I imagine we got here: Some time ago, there must have been a pastor who was just focused on growing attendance, but the pastor was too lazy to do the hard work of encouraging the church to grow spiritually and mature in Christ.

Side - Pastor - Christians - Pastor - Work

And then on the other side, there must’ve been a pastor who was just focused on helping Christians grow spiritually, but the pastor was too lazy to do the hard work of helping the church fulfill the great commission by reaching people outside the faith with the Gospel.

I’m assuming that’s where this false dichotomy came from: the idea that you can’t both grow a church and help people grow as disciples.

Idea - Churches - Churches - Engage - Unstuck

I’m being a little sarcastic, but you get the idea. I’m sure somewhere, someplace those two churches still exist, but I can tell you that after helping nearly 400 churches engage in The Unstuck Process, it’s become very clear that truly healthy, thriving, growing churches are focused on both sides of the equation. They’re effective in their evangelism strategies to reach people outside the church and outside the faith, and they’re effective in their discipleship strategies to help people take their next steps toward Christ.

You can’t sustain health without addressing both.

Episode - Amy - Reasons - Churches - People

So, in this episode, Amy and I discussed some reasons we commonly see churches struggling to help people take next steps to become more like Jesus.

Want to take this conversation back to a staff or senior leadership team meeting?

Show - Subscribers - PDF - Download - Episode

Our Show Notes subscribers get a PDF download that recaps the episode content and includes a discussion guide you can print out and use at an upcoming meeting.

Opt-in here and get the Leader Conversation Guide for this episode, as well as access to the archive.

Unstuckchurch

We use #unstuckchurch...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TonyMorganLive.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!