Disney Content Sales President Janice Marinelli to Depart

Variety | 7/16/2019 | Variety Staff
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/janice-marinelli-headshot_preferred-e1563308405966.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Janice Marinelli, president of global sales and marketing at Walt Disney’s direct-to-consumer and international segment, said Tuesday that she would step down from her role after a 34-year career at the company.

“It has been an honor to work for this company and a privilege to work with so many outstanding professionals,” said Marinelli in a statement. “I’ve observed many changes in our industry over the years, and it is changing at a speed never seen before. While I have been considering this decision for some time, I was committed to seeing our team through the acquisition and integration of 21st Century Fox. Now that we’ve reached these important milestones, I believe the time is right for me to step down.”

Marinelli - Program - Sales - Operations - Distribution

Marinelli oversaw program sales operations and distribution of the company’s direct-to-consumer apps to global accounts and broadcasters worldwide. She led the global distribution of film and television programming via home entertainment, broadcasting platforms, digital platforms, SVOD, pay networks, Hulu, the Movies Anywhere app and the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service Disney+.

“Janice has contributed immeasurably to Disney over the past three decades architecting and successfully negotiating thousands of innovative deals that have benefited our company and will continue to do so for years to come. I am so grateful for her insightful counsel and steadfast collaboration over the past year as we laid the foundation for DTCI and the upcoming launch of Disney+,” said Kevin Mayer, chairman of the unit, in a statement. ” I especially appreciate her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!