Kellyanne demands to know ethnicity of reporter who asks what natoins the squad should 'go back' to

Mail Online | 7/16/2019 | David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor For Dailymail.com
tiffcourt011 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/16/21/16131836-0-image-a-59_1563309546336.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/16/7719012918771498727/1024x576_MP4_7719012918771498727.mp4

Senior White House adviser Kellyanne Conway found herself in hot water on Tuesday after quizzing a reporter about his ethnicity while she tried to defend President Donald Trump against charges of racism.

Trump has been fending off attacks since tweeting on Sunday that a quartet of newly elected liberal congresswomen should 'go back where they came from.' Three of the four were born in the United States.

President - Congresswomen - Countries - Origin - Andrew

'If the president was not telling these four congresswomen to return to their supposed countries of origin,' asked Andrew Feinberg, a Jewish reporter, 'to which countries was he referring?'

'What's your ethnicity?' Conway fired back, an opening line in what she hoped would be a lesson about all Americans having roots elsewhere in the world.

Feinberg

Feinberg wasn't playing along. 'Why is that relevant?' he asked.

'No, no,' Conway continued, 'because I'm asking you a question. My ancestors are from Ireland and Italy.'

'Kellyanne - Ethnicity - Question - Reporter

'Kellyanne, my own ethnicity is not relevant to the question I'm asking,' the reporter parried.

Conway noted that in one of his news-shaping tweets, Trump wrote that his four targets 'originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe.'

'He - Trump - Tweet - Progressives - Countries

'He said "originally." He said "originally" from,' she said, quoting a Trump tweet in which he vented about progressives 'who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe.'

An incredulous Feinberg pushed back.

President - Middle - East - Territories

'So you're saying that the president was telling the Palestinian-American to go back to the Middle East? To go back to the "occupied territories"?' he asked.

Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib is Palestinian-American, born in Detroit. She and three others have become collectively branded 'the squad,' an alliance of radicals who have given the Democratic establishment no shortage of headaches.

Trump - House - Speaker - Nancy - Pelosi

With Trump publicly bombarding them, however, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has had little choice but to embrace them.

The other three are Reps....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!