I've had it with Prime Day

CNET | 7/16/2019 | Scott Stein
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/RVPBUFq9jMkaRGwu5kXa7crJzrM=/756x567/2019/07/15/b53455be-2e6a-4ec9-81f5-47131ae80bad/prime-day-2019-promo-thumb.jpg

Amazon, we need to talk.

It descends with a flutter of tweets and posts, and Amazon blares the news from connected speakers everywhere: another Prime Day. Another shopping frenzy. Here we go again.

Prime - Day - Deals - Years - Prime

I've been involved with writing about Prime Day deals for several years now, and I've been a Prime member for years. I used to be really excited, sadly enough: games I've craved, suddenly on flash sale. Kindle books for a song. A chance to snatch up a new Kindle or an Instant Pot. Yeah, it's addicting.

And now, in July 2019, that excitement is gone. I tried to explore Amazon's deals this year and felt like I was enveloped in a misty labyrinth. Prime Day's page feels like hugging an octopus.

Amazon - Website - Sucks - Confusing - Mess

It hit me: Amazon's website sucks. OK, well, it's a confusing, disorienting mess. And... that sucks.

It's really bad. And I can't deal with it. And that's not the only thing that bothers me about Prime Day. Please, let me share. Also, I reached out to Amazon for comment. I haven't heard back yet.

Help me...

Nothing is easy to find...

List - Sales - Nintendo - EShop - Sale

On a normal list of sales, like a Nintendo eShop sale or a flyer I get from Fairway, I can see what the deals are and why I should care. Many are even highlighted by importance. Amazon's site is like a department store vomited. The deals are scattershot. Board games, garbage bags, laptop, air fryer, Crocs. I have no way of prioritizing.

Why can't I browse deals that interest me more? Or, why doesn't Amazon already know what I'm interested in? Or, can't it at least pull from my search history and flag things I apparently care about (as long as I'm OK with that and opt in)?

Places - Things

Which leads to... places like us, sites that are supposed to help you find things to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: