Joyful giving

www.christianpost.com | 7/16/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/20/232039.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

To learn Biblical answers to your financial questions, you can #AskChuck @AskCrown your questions by clicking here. Questions used may be lightly edited for length or clarity.

Wife - God - Giver

My wife and I have decided to give regularly. She’s thrilled, I’m not. If God loves a cheerful giver, I dread knowing what He thinks of me.

While I don’t like addressing you as Scrooge, Charles Dickens’ classic book Christmas Carol about a greedy, stingy, selfish man by that name has a very happy ending. Scrooge experienced a transformation of his heart and wallet.

Honesty - Pain - Shoes - God - Heart

I do appreciate your honesty and sincerely understand your pain. I once walked in your shoes before God changed my heart. That is what it took for me and my wife to become united on the issue of giving generously and cheerfully.

Your dread in knowing what He thinks of you is answered in 1 John 4:18-19: There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If you believe in God, then you do not have to worry about punishment. Discipline? Yes, but only because he loves you and wants to conform you into His image.

Thomas - Chalmers - Love - God - Love

Thomas Chalmers wrote: The love of God and the love of the world are two affections, not merely in a state of rivalship, but in a state of enmity…the only way to dispossess [the heart] of an old affection, is by the expulsive power of a new one.

The expulsive power of a new affection? Yes. God.

Desire

How? And, how does this impact our desire to give generously and joyfully?

The Bible, God’s living Word, reveals who He is and what He’s done for us. Reading it gives us a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?
Tagged: