Church Tech Job Descriptions: #5 – The Lighting Person

ChurchMag | 7/16/2019 | Phil Schneider
Click For Photo: https://churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/The-Lighting-Person.jpg

*You are reading a post in a series about forming a Sunday tech team. Feel free to read on, but you might like to start with earlier posts:

But I would contend that the lighting is very important, as it helps to create an atmosphere in which (most) people are able to focus on God, not themselves and not those around them. To the people people who argue that a fully lit sanctuary is more holy or at the very least more appropriate for the solemnity of a church service, answer me this: how lit do you think church services were in the first through nineteenth centuries? Unless the place of worship had an abundance of windows and the church had the luxury to meet in the daytime, they were worshipping in a dark room.

Church - Tradition - Lighting—through - Candles—has - Part

And for many church tradition, lighting—through candles—has been an integral part of cooperate worship for centuries, so I think it’s time for us to get over ourselves. Besides, in my church context, most people worship with their eyes closed, so what are we even complaining about?

Rant over. Sorry, lighting people. Just wanted to defend your honor and the importance of your ministry. The spot light is back on you, now.

Summary

Summary:

There are basically two areas of responsibility for lighting in a Sunday service: worship and word. In the first area, the lighting should be used to reduce distractions so that the church can worship God and make Him their focus. When it’s time for the word, the lighting needs to shift so that the pastor is the focal point. Not because he or she is our spiritual focus but because they are delivering a message to the church that puts Jesus into focus for us. Illuminate the teacher / preacher as they elucidate the gospel.

Summary

Summary:

Eventually, we were able...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchMag
Wake Up To Breaking News!