JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) – Former South African President Jacob Zuma said on Tuesday he had received a death threat after his testimony the previous day to an inquiry on corruption.
Zuma told the inquiry on Monday that he had been the victim of a plot to get rid of him and that he could trace that conspiracy to foreign intelligence services and the apartheid government in the 1990s.
Tuesday - Zuma - Assistant - Phone - Call
Appearing again on Tuesday, Zuma said his personal assistant received a phone call late on Monday from an unknown caller threatening to kill Zuma and his children.
The country’s deputy chief justice, Raymond Zondo, who is overseeing the inquiry, said the threats were unacceptable.
Comment - Police
There was no immediate comment from the police.
Zuma, ousted by the governing African National Congress...
Wake Up To Breaking News!