A La Carte (July 16)

Tim Challies | 7/16/2019 | Staff
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2-TUES-940x492.jpg

Good morning from sunny Nampula, Mozambique, where a conference for pastors is kicking off today. I’m not on the speaking roster, but would still love you to pray for the speakers (who hail from Zambia, Brazil, and America).

I found a few Kindle deals today that you may enjoy.

Everglades - Everything - Saw - Grass - Cypress

“In the Everglades, everything still looks the same. The waving saw grass, the cypress and pine trees draped with air plants, the high, white clouds parked like dirigibles above their shadows—if you’ve been to the Everglades before, and you go back, you’ll still find these. But now there is also a weird quiet. In the campsites of Everglades National Park, raccoons don’t rattle the trash can lids at four in the morning. Marsh rabbits don’t scatter with a nervous rustle on the hiking trails as you walk by. Tires don’t shriek when somebody brakes to avoid an opossum transfixed by headlights in the middle of the road. In fact, roadkill, which used to be common in this wildest part of Florida, is no longer seen.”

Lore Ferguson Wilbert: “To live in these bodies, the bodies we have, and to not constantly pursue the bodies we don’t have, is our spiritual act of worship. To offer these bodies as living sacrifices—not to burn on some altar for which there is no longer any need, but to live, truly live in sacrificial and embodied ways, this is worship.”

Debate - Result - People - Sides - Memes

“This debate is always vitriolic, and as a result, often deeply unintelligent. Most people (on both sides) are content with sharing facile memes and purile soundbites. I want...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.
Tagged: