James Brown's widow Tomi Rae Brown alleges that the iconic singer was plied with drugs and murdered

Mail Online | 7/13/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
applecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/14/02/16015478-0-image-a-30_1563066460476.jpg

He died in 2006 of heart failure, after recording decades' worth of pathbreaking R&B and funk music.

Now James Brown's fourth wife Tomi Rae Brown is accusing those close to the Papa's Got A Brand New Bag singer of providing him with dangerous drugs and murdering him, according to the Mirror.

Singer - Police - Investigation - Husband - Days

The 50-year-old London-based singer is now calling for a police investigation into her late husband's final days.

Tomi Rae alleges that her former husband was being supplied with cocaine leading up to his death on Christmas Day, 2006.

Cause - Death - Heart - Failure - Autopsy

Though the cause of death was attributed to heart failure, no autopsy was performed on his body after his daughter Yamma Brown Lumar declined to have one.

'I think he could have been murdered. They were feeding him drugs and not paying him. You don’t give somebody drugs when you are looking out for them,' said Tomi Rae.

'It - Cocaine - Phencyclidine - Everywhere - Stuff

'It was crack cocaine and Phencyclidine. Everywhere I looked there was this stuff. I’d throw it away and more would come,' she continued.

'He would be on the phone: "Bring me my green suit. Bring me my brown suit." And the suit would have something in the pockets.

'People - Drugs - Education - Race - War

'People gave it to him. He was never into drugs until he got to his 40s. He was into education, stopping the race war.'

Brown famously instituted an anti-drug policy with his band members in the early decades of his career, and even fired future Parliament–Funkadelic mainstays Bootsy Collins and Catfish Collins for taking LSD during a 1971 concert.

People - Stuff - James - Man - Tomi

'But then some people around him gave him this stuff. I’d say, "James you’re an old man, this is not going to help you,' continued Tomi Rae.

'When I was there I would keep him away from that. We would dance, make love, go for rides, do whatever we had to do. He had so much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!