11 Highlights From Democrats’ Insult Fest Between Team Pelosi And Team Ocasio-Cortez

The Daily Caller | 7/13/2019 | Staff
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ocasio-cortez-pelosi-2019-fight-e1563057688615.jpg

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi are in a full-blown feud.

The bad blood has Democrats — both inside and outside of Congress — choosing sides.

Sides - War - Democrats

Both sides in the Democratic civil war are accusing the other of targeting black Democrats.

A feud between Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has escalated into an ugly insult fest between the two women and their respective Democratic allies.

Highlights - Clash

Here are 11 highlights from the intra-party clash.

Pelosi ignited this clash by taking a shot at Ocasio-Cortez and three other freshman Democrats in an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd published on July 6. “All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world, but they didn’t have any following,” Pelosi said. “They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”

Ocasio-Cortez - Feud - Pelosi - Terms - Democrat

Ocasio-Cortez didn’t hesitate to frame her feud with Pelosi in racial terms. She accused the senior Democrat of being “disrespectful” toward “newly elected women of color” in Congress. “When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm’s distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood. But the persistent singling out … it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful … the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color,” Ocasio-Cortez said Wednesday to The Washington Post.

Democratic Missouri Rep. William Lacy Clay slammed Ocasio-Cortez for playing the race card against other Democrats. “What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me,” Clay said Wednesday. “Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me. I could care less. I could really care less. I agree with the Speaker....
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!