The IM Saturday Monks Brunch: July 13, 2019 — Jehu Edition

internetmonk.com | 7/13/2019 | Chaplain Mike

I’ve been teaching my grandson to drive. Today I’m going to warn him against driving like Jehu.

And so today, we will squeal our tires, peel out, and terrorize the land with pronouncements on the corruption and evil that threatens the things we love. Interspersed of course, with coffee and general conversation amongst the saints.

Brunch - Seatbelts

Welcome to Brunch. Don’t forget those seatbelts.

IT’S BLASPHEMY, I SAY!

Computer - Balls - Strikes - Time - Game

A computer officially called balls and strikes for the first time in the game’s history in the United States at a minor league all-star game. Major League Baseball in February signed a three-year agreement with the independent, eight-team Atlantic League to install experimental rules in line with Commissioner Rob Manfred’s vision for a faster, more action-packed game.

…On Wednesday, home plate umpire Brian deBrauwere wore an Apple AirPod in his right ear that connected to an iPhone in his back pocket. A computer in the press box communicated to that device whether the pitch was in or out of the strike zone, and deBrauwere relayed the calls to the field as a normal umpire would.

NOT - Glory - Baseball - Drama - Umpires

I, for one, am most certainly NOT ready for this. The glory of baseball is its human drama, and that includes human umpires and disputes between umpires and players and coaches over calls. Human error is a necessary part of human drama, and the angst, anger, regret, conflicts, and broken hearts that result are, in my view, a vital aspect of life.

I DON’T WANT MY BASEBALL SANITIZED OF ALL HUMANITY!

Richard - H

What think you, Richard H?

Some of you may have been following along with J. Michael Jones as he battles cancer (follow the link above or the continuing link on the IM Bulletin Board), but some may have missed his latest update.

Cancer - Jehu

So here it is. Stand up to cancer like Jehu. And continue to pray for and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: internetmonk.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!