Dwyane Wade, Megan Rapinoe Win Big at 2019 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports Awards

Variety | 7/12/2019 | BreAnna Bell
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/shutterstock_editorial_10332596bb.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

The 2019 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports Awards was filled with incredible athletes, inspiring moments and — of course — a massive amount of slime.

“I love the kids. I love the slime. I loved the games. I love seeing celebrities and athletes like become kids again. And it’s like my favorite thing,” Michael Strahan told Variety walking the orange carpet at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica with his own kids, twin daughters Isabella and Sophia, before the show.

Football - TV - Personality - Executive - Producer

The retired football player-turned TV personality has served as the executive producer for the awards since 2014 and returned to host for the second year in a row. Onstage, the Super Bowl winner kept the show light, mixing a good helping of comedy with a series of challenges including a dance battle, obstacle courses, and an extreme pillow fight — which divided up athletes and celebrities into competing teams led by retired NFL star Rob Gronkowski (team Orange Crunch) and alpine skier Lindsey Vonn (the Slime Slammers.) But the party really got going with Ciara’s (who is married to NFL star Russell Wilson) performance of her new single “Set,” “Level Up”, as well as some of her first big hit “1, 2 Step.”

Dwyane Wade On Supporting His Son at Pride: 'This is My Job As a Father'

US - Women - Soccer - Team - Member

U.S. Women’s national soccer team member Megan Rapinoe accepted the Generation of Change award. Rapinoe — whose outspoken activism has made headlines recently while the team marched toward a historic World Cup victory and after the team filed a gender discrimination lawsuit at U.S. soccer...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!