Florida mom charged with felony after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back

NBC News | 7/11/2019 | Staff
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2019_28/2930741/190711-cori-ward-nbc-news-mugshot-template-ac-639p_afd87f2faa67c1dee7d9a138e3f62fa1.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

A Florida mom was arrested Thursday after her underage daughter was recorded licking a tongue depressor and placing it back with unused depressors at a Jacksonville doctor's office.

Cori E. Ward, 30, was arrested on a felony charge of tampering with a consumer product without regard for possible death or bodily injury, according to jail records from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Ward is not eligible for bond and is due in court on Friday.

Ward - Video - Media - Tuesday - Daughter

Ward posted a video on social media Tuesday showing her daughter placing the licked tongue depressor back into the other tongue depressors at the All About Kids and Families Medical Center, according to NBC affiliate WTLV.

The mother defended herself on Facebook before apparently deleting her account, and implied that the materials her kids were handling while waiting for medical appointments were all either cleaned or discarded, WTLV reported.

Video - Items - Anything - Ward - Snapchat

"The video doesn't show that the items were thrown away or anything else that happened," Ward wrote. "I posted this on my personal Snapchat with my 20-something friends, where someone allowed another person to video it. I didn't post it on Facebook or YouTube as a challenge or whatever."

Wade's...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NBC News
Wake Up To Breaking News!