Kamala Harris Defends Nancy Pelosi from Ocasio-Cortez Accusation She’s ‘Singling Out’ Women of Color

Breitbart | 7/12/2019 | Kristina Wong
gracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/07/wi/afp/01/e136e9_democratic-presidential-hopeful-kamala-harris-was-attacked-online-by-e1562961915592-639x335.jpg

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) on Friday defended House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s accusation that Pelosi was “singling out” Democrat women of color.

Specifically, Ocasio-Cortez told the Washington Post on Wednesday:

Comments - Kind - Thought - Flank - Arm

“When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm’s distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood,” she said. “But the persistent singling out … it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.”

Ocasio-Cortez was speaking of the progressive women who refer to themselves as the “squad” — herself, Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), Ayana Pressley (D-MA), and Ilhan Omar (D-ME).

Interview - Breakfast - Club - Radio - Show

In an interview with the Breakfast Club radio show on Friday morning, Harris told the hosts that she did not explicitly disagree with Ocasio-Cortez, but said she had a “different experience” with Pelosi.

“Listen, that’s not my experience with Nancy Pelosi. And I’ve known her and have been working with her for years,” she said. “I’ve known her to be very respectful to women of color and very supportive of them. So I have a different experience.”

Ocasio-Cortez - Democrats - Harris - Ocasio-Cortez - Bold

Asked why Ocasio-Cortez was so polarizing to older Democrats, Harris called Ocasio-Cortez “smart” and “bold.”

“Look, I think she is bold and smart as anything, she’s so smart, and bold. And the thing I really like about her is that she requires people to question the premise. Like she doesn’t let, she’s not going to go with status quo because that’s the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!