Conan O’Brien Interviews His Assistant After Kumail Nanjiani Cancels Last-Minute

Variety | 7/12/2019 | Dano Nissen
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/conan-obrien-kumail-nanjiani.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Kumail Nanjiani’s last-minute “Conan” cancellation left the host scrambling for a new guest. At the eleventh hour, he filled the spot with an impromptu interviewee — his longtime assistant.

Nanjiani was scheduled to appear on the Thursday night show to promote his upcoming comedy film “Stuber.” Half an hour before the taping, Conan O’Brien received the news. “I was having my pre-show nap,” said O’Brien. “Andy was having his bath in heavy cream, and they came in and they said, ‘Kumail can’t get here.'”

O'Brien - Assistant - Years - Sona - Movsesian

O’Brien brought his assistant of 10 years, Sona Movsesian, to take over for Nanjiani. She commented on the situation, “Oh s—, they really ran out of stuff to do.” Movsesian claimed she was unaware she would be interviewed. But for her, that’s par for the course. “That’s kind of like how my job is just regularly,” she said. “No one tells me anything.”

O’Brien spent much of his opening monologue taking jabs at the absentee actor, and recalled only one other cancellation over the course of the show’s 25-year run. “Liza Minnelli canceled and she’s known — she’s a great artist — but she’s known for sometimes flaking out,” he said. “So Liza Minnelli and, in that same category of troublesome diva, Kumail Nanjiani.”

Dave - Bautista - Talks - Representation - Hollywood

Dave Bautista Talks Representation in Hollywood and Defying Stereotypes with 'Stuber'

Box Office: 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' to Stay on Top Over 'Crawl,' 'Stuber'

Host - Nanjiani - Stuber - O'Brien

The host continued to playfully spite Nanjiani by refusing to promote “Stuber.” O’Brien said,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton