Hunter S. Thompson's writer's cabin in Colorado is now available to rent on Airbnb for $550 a night

Mail Online | 10/12/1990 | Leah Mcdonald For Dailymail.com
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/12/20/15977630-0-image-a-73_1562959685018.jpg

A cabin where author Hunter S. Thompson wrote some of his famous works in Colorado is available to rent on Airbnb for $550 per night.

Thompson's widow Anita is renting out his lodge on the Owl Farm compound, just outside Aspen, where the writer worked up until his death in 2005.

April - Writer - Cabin - Hunter - S

In April, she made the writer’s cabin available to support the Hunter S Thompson scholarship for veterans at Columbia University, where they both studied.

In 2016, Anita purchased Owl Farm, which Thompson had described as his 'fortified compound' in his writing, according to The Aspen Times.

Property - Two-bedroom - Home - Thompson - Peacocks

The 42-acre property contains the two-bedroom home where Thompson lived, worked and kept peacocks from the 1960s until his death by suicide in 2005, and an adjacent cabin.

It is also the location where Thompson’s ashes were fired into the sky from a 153 foot tower in the shape of a 'Gonzo' fist, with 'Gonzo journalism' becoming the name of the style of reportage he became famous for.

Symbol - Time - Campaign - Sheriff - Aspen

He made the symbol his own at the time of an unsuccessful 1970 campaign to be sheriff of Aspen, The Guardian reported.

According to the Airbnb listing, the cabin has two bedrooms, a newly renovated bathroom, kitchen, and bar/living room area that features one of Dr. Thompson's writing desks.

Listing - 'This - Guest - Cabin - Hunter

The listing adds: 'This guest cabin has Hunter's Owl Farm wilderness views from every window. On special occasions, his home/museum 50 ft away may be available for guided tours.'

Anita Thompson met her husband in 1997, when he apparently saved her from being attacked by dogs on the boardwalk of Venice Beach in LA.

Interview - Guardian - 'I - Crush

In an interview, she told The Guardian: 'I was 25 and I had an instant crush on him. I’d...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!