Brian Rosner, An Interview

Jesus Creed | 7/12/2019 | Staff
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-1-green.jpg

Brian Rosner is principal of Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author of several books including the Pillar commentary on 1 Corinthians (with Roy Ciampa), and Paul and the Law and Greed as Idolatry. His book, Known by God https://www.amazon.com/Known-God-Biblical-Theology-Personal/dp/0310499828 frames this interview.

The interview was conducted by David George Moore. Some of Dave’s teaching and interviews can be found at www.mooreengaging.com.

Books - Disclosure - Life - Share - Motivation

Moore: You’ve written several other books, but this one includes some disclosure about your own personal life. Would you share the motivation behind writing Known by God?

Rosner: It’s a bit hard to write about personal identity impersonally – or so my friends and editors insisted. Most of my scholarship has been old school – pretending dispassionate neutrality, let’s say. But on this occasion, it was deeply personal. Back in the mid 1990s my life came off the rails in a big way and I was left asking the most basic of questions concerning my own personal identity: who am I really? Being a Christian I turned to the Bible for answers and looked to my relationship with God to steady the course. However, on this score, knowing God, which had always been such a big driver in my life, didn’t cut it. Instead, I found being known intimately and personally by God was a source of great comfort and reassurance.

Theme - God - Scriptures - Themes - God

The more I looked, the more I found the theme of being known by God to be widespread in the Scriptures and connected profoundly with other central biblical themes, including being remembered and seen by God, having your name known to God, and the doctrine of divine adoption (God knows believers as a parent knows their child). Most surprisingly for me, Jesus Christ himself had his identity as the Son of God confirmed by being known by God his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Jesus Creed
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton
Tagged: