Media Team Members Are Part of the Worship Team!

ChurchLeaders | 7/11/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/media-team-members-part-of-worship-team.jpg

A media team member can serve everyone in the room. Let’s start by recognizing that these song lyrics and scripture texts you display are the most audacious elements in the room: you display the most precise, explicit-disciple making pronouncements of the day. These lyrics bring resurrection pronouncements! So: thank you for serving. Thank you for being part of the most one of the most important teams in the church. You are valued!

Not only is your role is important; it’s also true that you live in obscurity—unless something goes wrong! As a media team member, here are three things you can think about the next time you sit down to run slides or other media for the worship experience:

Task - Comfort - Number - Times - Media

As you begin, tell yourself: This task is for their comfort, not mine. I can’t count the number of times that a media team member has rushed me at the stage to demand that I play the music exactly as written, or the number of times someone demands that I don’t repeat a chorus, or that I don’t improvise in worship. Oftentimes it’s like the media person wants me to serve them instead of us serving the congregation together. We must serve the preacher and the musicians and be flexible (within reason). Serve them and even...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?