Michael Strahan Throws Support Behind U.S. Women’s Soccer Team’s Call for Equal Pay

Variety | 7/11/2019 | Anna Tingley
liizu (Posted by) Level 3

The U.S. Women’s national soccer team can count Michael Strahan as a supporter — and not just because of their World Cup win on Sunday.

“I think it’s amazing. I think they should enjoy it. I think they should soak it all in because they deserve every bit of it,” Strahan told Variety on the red carpet on Thursday afternoon before hosting the 2019 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports Awards.

Pay - Year - Team - Gender - Discrimination

And they deserve equal pay, he said. Earlier this year, the team filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against U.S. soccer in hopes to gain equal pay in their sport.

“I think the biggest obstacle [to pay parity] is to stop this archaic way that we think of things and the archaic way that we look at women’s sports, as if it’s not equal to men’s sports,” Strahan said. “Because I’ll be honest with you, I haven’t seen a men’s soccer match in I can’t even tell ya [how long], but I sure have seen a lot of women’s soccer matches over the years. And I appreciate it so much and I appreciate them so much and I think they should get everything that they’re after.”

Dwyane - Wade - Son - Pride - 'This

Dwyane Wade On Supporting His Son at Pride: 'This is My Job As a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!