TED Talk ‘flags’ climate skeptic’s talk as ‘not corroborated by scientific evidence’ – Threatens to pull groups’ ‘TEDx license’ for ‘falling outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines’

Climate Depot | 7/11/2019 | Marc Morano
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.destaatvanhet-klimaat.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Slide-18.png

Recently I gave my first TEDx talk during Tedx Roermond. Roermond is a city in the south of The Netherlands. The experience was quite interesting. The motto of Ted is “ideas worth spreading”. Apparently, not all ideas are worth spreading because soon after the organization of Tedx Roermond sent my name and a short description of my ideas to the TED headquarters they received a rather threatening email back that the ultimate consequence could be that they would lose their TEDx license. Kudos to the organization of Tedx Roermond that they persisted in scheduling my talk and also in uploading it.

The talk is online, however with the following note from TED:

NOTE - FROM - TED - Talk - TEDx

“NOTE FROM TED: We’ve flagged this talk, which was filmed at a TEDx event because it appears to fall outside TEDx’s curatorial guidelines. The sweeping claims and assertions made in this talk regarding climate change only represent the views of the speaker and are not corroborated by scientific evidence.”

This – “The sweeping claims” – is all rather amusing.

Talk - Version - Transcript - Differs - Course

In preparing my talk I wrote down what I wanted to say. That version (not a transcript) differs of course from the final talk I gave in Roermond. The talk is meant to be understandable for a broad audience. Below is the written version of my talk.

TEDx speakers are not allowed to be given a speaking fee, so you have to do all the preparation in your own time. If people appreciate the talk they might consider using the donation button. Thanks!

Worlds - Today - World - History - World

I am going to talk about two different worlds today, the world of history and the world of the future. In the world of the past we can measure, observe, count, archive etc. The world of the future we can explore by guessing, by extrapolation and by modelling.

I studied chemistry, I then...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Climate Depot
Wake Up To Breaking News!