Jilted Marine 'bound his former prom date, 20, strangled her and stabbed her in the neck'

Mail Online | 6/11/2018 | Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/10/19/15881840-0-image-a-52_1562783182088.jpg

A murder trial is under way in Baltimore for a US Marine who prosecutors say tied up, beat and stabbed to death his former prom date, leaving her bloodied body to be discovered in a high school’s bleachers.

Prosecutors presented evidence on Tuesday they say proves Christopher Rather, 23, killed his ex-girlfriend, 20-year-old Jasmine Pierce-Morris, last June.

Rather - Defense - Attorney - Paul - Batchelor

Rather’s defense attorney, Paul Batchelor, maintains he is innocent. He says investigators mishandled evidence and set out to blame the ex-boyfriend for the slaying.

But prosecutors accused Rather of killing Pierce-Morris because she was seeing someone new.

Message - Friend - Rather - Prom - Date

They revealed her last text message to a friend, saying she was meeting Rather, who was her junior prom date, at the football field.

It said: 'Soooo, Chris wanted to talk to me today right. I’m meeting him at this football field. I think this goin be our last conversation. He told me he was leaving, might be going to California or Hawaii. Imma find out when he get here but ain’t that good news?!?'

Pierce-Morris - Home - Night - Shift - Amazon

Pierce-Morris left home to go to work a night shift at an Amazon warehouse on June 11, 2018, but never made it.

Her mother filed a missing person report when Pierce-Morris failed to come home.

June - Dana - Keller - Dogs - Bleachers

On June 12, 2018, at around 11.30am, Dana Keller was walking her dogs by the bleachers at Reginald F Lewis School of Business and Law High School when something caught he animals' attention.

Keller testified on Tuesday that when she approached the sitting area at the football field, she found Pierce-Morris' lifeless body in a kneeling position, with her hands restrained and her face resting in a pool of her own blood, reported The Baltimore Sun.

Prosecutors - Jury - Keller - Call - Reporting

Prosecutors played for the jury Keller's emotional 911 call reporting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: