Lawyer claims woman, 20, was defending herself when she stabbed mom-of-one in a NYC subway station

Mail Online | 7/10/2019 | Lauren Fruen;Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/10/19/15881548-0-image-a-8_1562781834756.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/09/6334903408361623230/1024x576_MP4_6334903408361623230.mp4

The woman accused of stabbing a mother-of-one to death on a New York City subway platform was defending herself from attack, her lawyer has claimed.

Mia Simmons, 20, appeared in court on Wednesday to face charges of manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon after 30-year-old Latanya Watson died from wounds to the face, neck and arm.

Surveillance - Footage - Moment - Simmons - Knife

Surveillance footage captured the horrific moment Simmons appears to repeatedly plunge a knife into Watson in a random attack, at around 9.15pm Monday in Brownsville, Brooklyn.

But her attorney Guy Oksenhendler said Simmons wrestled the knife away from victim Watson in a fight for her life.

New - York - Daily - News - Client

He told The New York Daily News: 'My client is simply trying to defend herself.

'At some point in the video you can see how my client puts her hand up to defend herself, which is apparently where she got that several-inch-long gash on her hand.

Client - Client - Decedent - Pursuing - Client

'As she's attacking my client, you can see my client continually moving away and moving away. The decedent does not stop pursuing and hitting my client. She's pulling her hair, she's punching her in the face.'

In court he added: 'There is a video that makes clear that the decedent is the initial aggressor and attacked my client.'

Watson - Hospital - Wounds - Face - Neck

Watson, 30, was rushed to the hospital and later died from wounds to the face, neck and arm.

Simmons wore a downcast expression as she was arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Simmons - Watson - Strangers - Cause - Fight

It's believed that Simmons and Watson were strangers to each other, and the cause of their fight remains unclear.

The pair reportedly got into an altercation while riding a 3 Line that then spilled onto the mezzanine at the Sutter Avenue-Rutland Road station.

Video - Women - Turnstiles

Video shows the two women pushing through the turnstiles before they grab each other by...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.