No police misconduct in arrest of black man who 'was racially profiled' when arrested at hospital

Mail Online | 7/10/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/10/21/15886732-0-image-a-36_1562789152923.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/01/1514318021814011972/1024x576_MP4_1514318021814011972.mp4

A northern Illinois city says an independent investigator found no evidence of police misconduct in the arrest of a black patient who was accused by a white security officer of stealing hospital equipment when he stepped outside for air still attached to an IV stand and wearing a patient gown.

Shaquille Dukes, 24, had said an 'overzealous, racist, security officer' accused him June 9 of trying to steal the IV stand from the Freeport Health Network to sell on eBay during the incident where he was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge while recovering from pneumonia for two days.

Mitchell - Davis - Chief - Police - Hazel

But Mitchell Davis, who currently serves as Chief of Police in Hazel Crest and compiled the report, said no documentation mention allegations of inappropriate use of physical force.

Davis noted body camera footage and interviews indicated that officers made no remarks to any of the three arrestees that could be interpreted as racially inappropriate or insensitive.

EBay - Claim - Davis - 'I - Statement

Regarding the eBay claim, Davis reported: 'I was not able to substantiate this statement. But, I was able to find IV equipment like the one that Dukes had on that day for sale on eBay for as much as $400, so the concept and alleged statement is not so extreme as it is being suggested.'

Dukes told the AP that he disputes the conclusion of the investigator's report that labelled his and his friends' claims 'unfounded' on Wednesday, and Dukes has vowed to sue the hospital, Freeport and its police force.

Dukes - Grounds - FHN - Memorial - Hospital

Dukes said he didn't leave the grounds of FHN Memorial Hospital while being treated for the infection. But the report found a security guard called cops after he initially saw they had left the property.

The security guard had claimed Dukes and his friends, Marqwandrick Morrison and Credale Miles, approached him in an 'aggressive manner'.

Dukes

Dukes and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...