U.S. Air Force Finds No Evidence Of Misconduct By Top General

www.oann.com | 4/11/2019 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – An Air Force investigation has found no evidence to support accusations of sexual misconduct against President Donald Trump’s nominee to become vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a senior U.S. military official said on Wednesday.

The nomination of Air Force General John Hyten, the outgoing head of the U.S. military’s Strategic Command, remains on track, the Pentagon said. Still, it was unclear if he would be confirmed by the Senate by the end of July, when outgoing Vice Chairman Paul Selva is due to retire.

Investigation - Witnesses - Countries - States - Tens

“We’ve conducted an exhaustive investigation, talked to … 53 witnesses across three countries and 13 states, reviewed tens of thousands of emails, interviewed folks that were closest to the alleged incidents,” the military official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“We’re just out of rocks to turn over.”

News - Investigation - Spate - Surprise - Disclosures

News of the investigation follows a spate of surprise disclosures at the Pentagon, including ones that led Patrick Shanahan to resign as acting defense secretary last month and led the admiral expected to become the Navy’s next top uniformed officer to instead retire on Sunday.

Sources said the outcome of the investigation into the unsubstantiated allegations against Hyten has been briefed to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!