What Pastors Should Tell Their Wives

The Heidelblog | 7/10/2019 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://heidelblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/1F387490-1456-406D-A092-08E11AE5E6D7.jpeg

A few years ago I wrote an article on what pastors should not tell their wives. In it I argued that there is much that it said behind closed doors, in elder meetings (e.g.,consistory or session meetings), that should not be repeated to anyone who is not authorized to hear it. Merely being married to the pastor does not make one’s wife a de facto elder or minister. She is the minister’s wife, which is an important calling in and of itself. I stand by that argument but today I would like to think about the other side of the question: what pastors should tell their wives. This essay is in response to a request from a reader who is responding to the recent death of a ministerial colleague at his own hand. This brother had been struggling with depression and, as a minister, carried a lot on his shoulders. His death is a reminder to pray for his family, friends, and congregation who are left behind and grieving his...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Heidelblog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: