This Country actor Michael Sleggs passes away aged 33

Mail Online | 7/10/2019 | Kate Thomas for MailOnline
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/31/10/14189740-0-image-a-88_1559296510272.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/05/31/2788030905713540135/1024x576_MP4_2788030905713540135.mp4

This Country star Michael Sleggs has died aged 33.

The actor, beloved for playing Michael ‘Slugs’ Slugette in the BBC Three comedy, passed away overnight after suffering 'complications' following a battle with heart failure.

WTAF - A - Country - Podcast - Twitter

The WTAF A This Country podcast’s Twitter account shared the news, writing: ‘We are devastated! Our friend, the man the legend Michael Sleggs #Slugs passed away last night. RIP Michael. You are one in a million.’

Michael appeared in seven episodes of the award-winning BBC Three comedy and is a long-time friend of show creators Charlie and Daisy May Cooper.

Twist - Fate - Character - Slugs - Illness

In a sad twist of fate, his character Slugs was also battling a terminal illness.

A BBC Radio Gloucestershire tweet confirmed his death. It reads 'Actor Michael Sleggs has died. The 33-year-old from Cirencester played Slugs in BBC comedy This Country. He revealed in May he was receiving palliative care for heart failure.'

Country - Producer - Simon - Mayhew-Archer - Tribute

This Country’s producer, Simon Mayhew-Archer, paid tribute to Michael on Twitter, writing: 'Michael encapsulated the spirit and humour of This Country.

'He was a fantastic, talented man who brought tremendous joy to all who knew him & saw him. I loved working with him & will miss him.'

Camilla-Alicia - Bates - 'Last - Night - Midnight

His close friend Camilla-Alicia Bates shared: 'Last night just before midnight I lost my dear friend, My love @Michael_Sleggs my absolute rock who has always been there for me.

'So grateful I got to spend his final resting with him and so glad he is out of pain and at peace. I love you forever. #loveyou #rip #sluggs.'

May - Michael - Rapid - Deterioration - Heart

In May, Michael revealed he was terminally ill following a 'fairly rapid' deterioration, later clarifying he was suffering from heart failiure.

Posting on his Facebook page, Michael wrote: 'Hi friends, as a lot of you are probably aware I've spent a lot of time in and out of hospital over the past few...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!