Trump: We’ll Be Looking ‘Very Carefully’ at Acosta’s Role in Jeffrey Epstein’s 2007 Plea Agreement

CNS News | 7/9/2019 | Staff
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/gettyimages-1161007931.jpg

(CNSNews.com) – President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he’ll be looking “very carefully” at the role that Labor Secretary Alex Acosta played in a 2007 immunity deal for billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who was charged this week with sex trafficking underage girls.

Acosta served as a U.S. attorney in 2007 and oversaw a plea agreement that shielded him from federal prosecution for sexually abusing young girls but allowed him to plead guilty to lesser state charges.

Reporters - Meeting - Emir - Qatar - Amir

Speaking to reporters before a bilateral meeting with the emir of Qatar, Amir Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Trump was asked whether he had full confidence in Acosta right now and in the future.

“Well, you know, I met Secretary Acosta -- the first time, I know -- when I made the deal to bring him on into the administration. I can tell you that for two and a half years he’s been just an excellent Secretary of Labor. He’s done a fantastic job. Now, part of it is our economy is so good. Our unemployment numbers are at record low,” Trump said.

Things - Fact - Secretary - Labor - Years

“You know, so many good things are happening, but the fact is he’s been a very good secretary of Labor. What happened 12 or 15 years ago with respect to when he was a U.S. Attorney, I think in Miami -- is it Miami?” the president asked.

“Yeah. Southern District of Florida,” a reporter replied.

Look - Everybody - Decisions - US - Attorney

“You know, if you go back and look at everybody else’s decisions, whether it’s a U.S. attorney or an Assistant U.S. attorney or a judge -- you go back 12 or 15 years ago or 20 years ago, and look at their past decisions, I would think you'd probably find that they would wish they’d maybe did it a different way. I do hear that there were a lot of people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!