Aziz Ansari Addresses Sexual Misconduct Allegation in Netflix Special: ‘I Just Felt Terrible’

Variety | 7/9/2019 | Dano Nissen
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/aziz-ansari.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Aziz Ansari delivered a sobering reflection on the 2018 sexual misconduct allegation against him in Netflix’s “Aziz Ansari Right Now,” the comedian’s first stand-up special since the accusation was published. The Spike Jonze-directed special became available for streaming on Netflix Tuesday.

Ansari began the show by telling the audience, “There’s times I felt scared, there’s times I felt humiliated, there’s times I felt embarrassed, and ultimately, I just felt terrible that this person felt this way. And after a year or so, I just hope it was a step forward.”

Accuser - Story - Babe - Net - Ansari

In 2018, an anonymous accuser claimed in a story published to Babe.net that Ansari had pressured her into sexual acts. Ansari responded with an apology and claimed the encounter was “completely consensual.”

The comedian acknowledged the seriousness of the allegation in his intro: “I know this isn’t the most hilarious way to begin a comedy show, but it’s important to me that you know how I feel about that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!