Former youth pastor Jordan Baird admits ‘shame,’ gets 3 years in prison for sexually abusing teen

www.christianpost.com | 7/9/2019 | Staff
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/19/231975.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

After years of activism from his victims and their advocates, Jordan Baird, a former pop singer and youth pastor at The Life Church in Virginia, owned up to his past of sexually abusing underage girls from his church as he was sentenced on Monday to three years in prison for indecent acts with a child by a custodian.

Lie - Mistakes - Baird - Hearing - Fox

“This was my lie. These were my mistakes,” Baird, 28, said during his sentencing hearing, according to Fox 5. “I brought shame on my family and shame on my friendships.”

Baird apologized to his victim, wife and family using a prepared statement, the Prince William Times reported.

Victim

“I simply apologize for what happened,” he told his victim. “It never should have happened, and that’s on me.”

Prior to the handing down of the sentence, Baird told the judge: “I take complete and total responsibility for what I’ve done. Whatever you decided, I will man up and take it and I will walk through it.”

Baird - Son - David - Jo - Ann

Baird, son of David and Jo Ann Baird who led the multi-campus church for years before handing the reins over to their other son, Josh, had been facing up to 10 years in prison for his crimes. But Judge John E. Wetsel Jr. sentenced him to three years, plus three years’ probation.

The latest sentence comes on the heels of an 8-month stint he was ordered to serve in February 2018 for five counts of taking indecent liberties with a minor.

Victim - Case - Baird - Family - Manassas

The victim in the latest case said she was 16 in 2014 when Baird sexually abused her at his family’s Manassas church. She said he kissed her, exposed himself, put her hand on his genitals and asked for oral sex, Fox 5 reported.

She told the court through tears that the experience caused her to lose her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??