Aziz Ansari Addresses Sexual Misconduct Allegations in New Netflix Special Right Now

TVGuide.com | 7/9/2019 | Amanda Bell
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/07/09/d2fe2aa3-c777-45f3-90ce-ec1b372adf82/thumbnail/1300x867/e8580b262bb093d21faade1ad7d8c5a3/aziz-ansari-reg.jpg

More than a year after Aziz Ansari was accused of sexual misconduct by a woman who claimed she felt pressured into engaging in sexual activity with him, the comedian and actor is speaking up about the incident in his new stand-up special for Netflix, Aziz Ansari: Right Now.

In the special, which was directed by Spike Jonze, Ansari opens his act with an anecdote about being confused for Patriot Act star Hasan Minhaj, which led the other party involved to try to compensate for the mistake by listing out all of the things he knew to be associated with Ansari: Master of None, Parks and Recreation, and "that whole thing last year, sexual misconduct." After joking, "No, no, no, no, no, that was Hasan," Ansari gets more serious about the matter.

Situation - Thing - Things - Year - Audience

"I'm sure some of you that are curious how I feel about that situation. And it's a tricky thing for me to answer because I've felt so many things in the last year or so," he says to his live audience. "There's times I've felt scared. There's times I felt humiliated. There's times I've felt embarrassed. And ultimately, I just felt terrible that this person felt this way."

The allegations against Ansari first came to light in January 2018, when a woman using the pseudonym "Grace" claimed that Ansari pressured her into engaging in sexual activity...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country