Save 30% on the Denon Envaya Pocket portable waterproof wireless speaker

CNET | 7/9/2019 | Rick Broida
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/OowqAeIgCGfmAYn-D6IRVdE5wCg=/756x567/2019/07/09/f1f7e2d5-4dea-4ecd-afae-99de02366ea2/denon-envaya-pocket-dsb-50bt.jpg

The Envaya Pocket sounds amazing for its size, and at $69 it's definitely worth considering.

Here's one such premium product and one such hefty discount: For a limited time, Cheapskate readers can get the Denon Envaya Pocket DSB-50BT portable Bluetooth speaker for $69 shipped. It's normally $99; Denon has it on sale for $79, and exclusive promo code CNETDENON lops another $10 off.

Denon - Account - Order - Code - Sign

One rather annoying requirement: You have to create a Denon account in order to use that code. And make sure to click Sign in when you do that, not Email Sign-Up. The latter is just for receiving promotions; the former is how you actually set up an account.

Available in black or gray (I think the former is definitely the sharper of the two), the Envaya Pocket is a compact but substantial brick: It measures about 6.5 inches across and weighs about 14 ounces. And though you wouldn't know to look at it -- owing to its fabric-covered facade -- the speaker is IP67-rated waterproof and dustproof. It can survive a full-on dunk without damage.

Envaya - Bluetooth - Incorporates - AptX - Technology

The Envaya supports Bluetooth 4.1 and incorporates AptX technology, which promises not only better sound, but also low latency (important if you're using the speaker as a sound bar for watching videos). Just as good, you can pair a second Envaya if you want true stereo sound.

Denon promises up to 10 hours of play time on a charge. I wasn't able to put that to the test, but I did spend a few hours listening to the speaker. Again, I'm no audiophile, but I thought it sounded fantastic -- markedly better than some of the cheaper speakers I've championed over the years.

Quality - Speaker - Pool - Park

How important is sound quality, really, in a speaker you put by the pool or listen to in the park...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?