Where Is America Going?

Roger E. Olson | 7/9/2019 | Staff
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/21/2017/01/photo-1474663898126-6f6f19a48b1d_opt.jpg

Where Is America Going? Why Is There Not More Outrage?

Today (when I write this) is July 4, otherwise known as “Independence Day” in the United States. People are celebrating the country’s open rebellion against its monarch—something most conservative Christians in the U.S. think would be wrong based on Romans 13—except for us. We are exceptional.

Churches - US - America - Hymns - Readings

Numerous churches throughout the U.S. celebrated America with “patriotric hymns” and readings and even sermons, some even with flag-waving bands and marchers in the aisles.

I love America—as a set of ideals. I love to sing “America the Beautiful” but only if we sing the verse that says “God mend thy every flaw.”

America - Government - People - Set - Ideals

America is not its government, but it is its people (as well as a set of ideals). Many Americans don’t see what I see and I think they have blinders on.

Today an unprecedented July 4 celebration will happen in our nation’s capital. One that reminds me of newsreels I watched on TV during the 1950s and 1960s of the Soviet Union’s display of its military might in Red Square. Almost all Americans I knew thought that was ugly, suspicious, dangerous, jingoistic, chauvinistic, frightening. Now we do it, not in Red Square but our own nation’s capital. And the same kind of people who condemned it in the Soviet Union applaud it here.

Today - Month - Year - America - Concentration

Today, this month, this year, America has open and over-populated concentration camps* filled with women and children—many of the children separated from their parents. According to doctors who have studied the camps based on eye witness accounts, pictures, etc., the conditions in these “detention centers” are extremely dangerous to the health and well-being of the children. But we would rather spend 2.5M dollars on a militaristic extravaganza in our capital than spend it helping the children languishing in our concentration camps along our southern...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Roger E. Olson
Wake Up To Breaking News!