Biden Apologizes for Segregationist Senator Remarks, but It’s Still Not Enough for Booker and Harris

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 7/8/2019 | Stacey Matthews
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/JoeBidenSouthCarolina.jpg

Well, y’all, it finally happened. Several weeks after talking about how he was able to work with segregationist Senators in the 1970s, and just a couple of weeks after he was dramatically confronted by Sen. Kamala Harris (CA) at the Democratic presidential debate about his comments, Joe Biden has finally broken down and apologized.

The Hill reports:

Everything - Everything - Biden - Sumter - SC

“Everything they stood for offended me. They represented everything that I ran against.” Biden said in Sumter, S.C. “I do believe we have work to do, even with those who we find repugnant, to make our system of government to work for all of us. I believe then and I believe now, and I know it can be done without compromising on our principles.”

“Folks, now was I wrong a few weeks ago to somehow give the impression to people that I was praising those men who I successfully opposed time and again? Yes, I was. I regret it and I’m sorry for any of the pain or misconception I may have caused anybody.”

Watch - Video - Biden - Apology

Watch video of Biden’s apology:

One thing you’ll notice he didn’t apologize for: his stance on busing.

Harris - Thoughts

Harris noticed this, too, and made sure to point it out when asked what her thoughts were on what he said:

“He is right to recognize the impact of his words, and I applaud him for doing that,” Harris said of her 2020 presidential opponent during a gaggle with reporters in Hartsville, South Carolina. “There is still a point of disagreement between he and I, and that remains … which is the issue of busing.”

History - Segregationists - Time - Number - Issues

“We cannot rewrite history about what segregationists were doing at that time on a number of issues including opposing busing.”

Watch Harris speak on Biden’s apology below. Note how her demeanor, facial expressions, and posture give off the impression that she still feels she’s in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.