Second New York woman dies after visiting the same Dominican Republic plastic surgeon

Mail Online | 7/8/2019 | Adry Torres For Dailymail.com;Mary Kekatos For Dailymail.com
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/08/20/15788126-0-image-a-2_1562612459083.jpg

A New York woman died after undergoing a tummy tuck in the Dominican Republic on the Fourth of July - the third American to lose their life after going under knife with the same doctor in the past few weeks.

Alexandra Medina, 33, traveled from New York to the Caribbean Island last Wednesday, against the wishes of her family members, after finding Dr. Felix Almanzar via realself.com.

Mom-of-one - Surgery - Santo - Domingo - Clinic

The mom-of-one was scheduled to have the surgery at the Santo Domingo clinic on Thursday morning, but her family became increasingly concerned that they hadn't heard from her as they day progressed.

Desperate text messages between her mother, Kanny Toro, and a member of staff, showed her begging for news about her condition.

'She - Awake - Toro - 'pic - Staffer

'She's awake?' Toro asked, 'Please let me see her'. She also asked for a 'pic' after the staffer informed her that Medina had to remain in recuperation but that she was 'not at the room yet.'

Hours later, Toro sent a Spanish-written message indicating, 'I called the police,' while adding, 'please Wanda tell me my daughter is alive!!! Please!!!!!! I'm begging you.'

Medina - Failure - Hours - Saturday - Morning

Medina was pronounced dead after suffering respiratory failure in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to Dominican outlet Noticias Sin.

DailyMail.com contacted Ureña Arias Clinic but a spokesperson said that the medical facility was not providing any information to the press during the investigation.

DailyMail - Medina - Family - Comment

DailyMail also reached out to Medina's family for comment.

Toro, who had begged her not to go after reading multiple negative reviews about the doctor online, is distraught.

Everything - Soul - Body - Toro - Univision

'I've lost everything. I feel I've lost my soul, like if it was being stripped out of my body, Toro told Univision.

'Everyone, her dad, me, the whole family told her not to do it,' Toro added.

Medina - Patient - Watch - Dr - Almanzar

Medina is the third patient to die under the watch of Dr. Almanzar since June.

Sharlim...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.