MSNBC’s Ruhle: Kamala Harris Isn’t Liberal, Just ‘Too Black’ for Critics

NewsBusters | 7/8/2019 | Staff
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2019-07-08-msnbc-mlsr-ruhle.png

On her 9:00 a.m. ET hour show on Monday, MSNBC anchor Stephanie Ruhle denied that 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris might be too far left for some voters and instead tarred critics of the California senator as racists who just thought Harris was “too black.”

The discussion began with Ruhle asking about Michigan Congressman Justin Amash leaving the Republican Party and reportedly considering his own 2020 bid to challenge President Trump. Republican pollster Chris Wilson noted that an Amash candidacy may actually hurt Democrats by siphoning off potential support from never-Trump Republicans who were “not going to be able to vote for an Elizabeth Warren or a Kamala Harris or a Bernie Sanders.”

Ruhle - Inclusion - Harris - Contenders - Kamala

Ruhle was puzzled by his inclusion of Harris when listing some of the far-left presidential contenders: “Why not a Kamala Harris?” Wilson explained: “Just because she’s a little bit too far left...” Ruhle seemed shocked by that statement and demanded: “In what policy?” Wilson laughed and replied: “Oh, my gosh, where do you want me to start?” Ruhle then played the race card against her guest: “Well, tell me. Because it sounds like it’s more she’s too black.”

Wilson was visibly disturbed by the fact that the anchor would just casually hurl charges of racism: “Okay, no....I mean, that’s absurd, Stephanie.”

Notion - Harris - Views - Ruhle - Policy

Still protesting the notion that Harris held left-wing views, Ruhle pressed: “Then tell me, what policy is too far left?” Wilson started citing examples: “If you want me to go through each one of Kamala Harris’s positions, she took positions against private insurance, which most Americans are against. She took a position for open borders...”

He then blasted Ruhle for trying to smear critics of Harris as racist: “I think the fact is, to make that comparison as if there is some – because of the color of her skin...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!