Christmas in July: Six Veteran Communicators Share Their Tips

Church Marketing Sucks | 7/8/2019 | Kevin D. Hendricks
Mandyixus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.churchmarketingsucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/christian-holzinger-1248169-unsplash-1.jpg

Christmas seems far away, but it’s never too early to start planning. Christmas in July is a good time to start talking. Connect with your pastor and leadership team. Start formulating a plan. Think about how your church can do better at Christmas this year.

What Do You Wish Churches Would Do Better at Christmas?

Church - Communicators - Churches - Church - Christmas

We asked six veteran church communicators what they wish churches (or their church) would do better at Christmas.

What Are the Needs?

Jodi - Tonarelli - Director - Weekend - Experience

Jodi Tonarelli, director of weekend experience at The Ridge Community Church in Greenfield, Wis.:

I wish we as churches would do a better job of considering what the people of our cities need versus what theme/design/song/set idea we like best any given year. I think we limit God’s ability to move when we don’t start with a time of prayer, asking him what he wants to do in our communities and how we can best cast that vision for people. I’ve been guilty of this!

Themes - Area - Way - Efforts - Wishes

It’s started to click for me more recently as we look to take on these larger themes in our area and address them in a God-honoring way. It’s amazing to see him bless your efforts when you put his wishes first. How silly of me to think he wouldn’t bless an idea he gave us with a great design or programming to back it up anyway, so I just ask, can we please invite him more into the process as we plan?

Matt Ehresman, creative media director at First MB Church in Wichita, Kan.:

Kind - Take - Christmas - Easter - Sundays

I have a kind of unique hot take on Christmas, Easter, and other “big Sundays.” We should go above and beyond and give our best to Sundays where we anticipate a lot of guests, but I think we often over-do it. Your guests will feel a sense of bait-and-switch if you have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Church Marketing Sucks
Wake Up To Breaking News!