Colbert Cartoon: Trump the 'Grand Wizard' of Conservatives

NewsBusters | 7/7/2019 | Staff
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/our_cartoon_president_-_save_the_right_-_8_23_13_pm_-_8_24_44_pm_-_08_00_05_pm.jpg

It took quite a journey to get there, but Showtime’s Our Cartoon President found a way to call a group of conservatives a "white-power rally" and President Trump the "Grand Wizard." Along the way, prominent conservatives in public life, like Ben Shapiro, are dragged into the fray.

In the July 7 episode titled “Save the Right,” President Trump decides to speak up against discrimination against conservatives, especially after social media companies Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram suspend accounts of conservatives. Steve Mnuchen is used as Trump’s foil, reminding him at every turn that conservatives have power and that his (Mnuchen) name is on the money.

President - Ben - Shapiro - March - Washington

The president teams up with Ben Shapiro to organize a march in Washington, D.C. to demand equal rights for conservatives after Shapiro convinces President Trump to sign an executive order declaring conservatives as a protected class. He gets some advice from Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who is again portrayed as a beer hound and mocked for crying at his Supreme Court nomination hearing.

President Trump: The oppression of conservatives is becoming too much to bear.

Justice - Kavanaugh - Uh - Doy - Confirmation

Justice Kavanaugh: Uh, no doy! After my confirmation hearing, I couldn't show my face at O'Shittery's Beer Dump for three whole Thirsty Thursdays!

Trump: If only there was a way to throw a big enough tantrum that this nation gives us what we want just to shut us up.

Kavanaugh

Kavanaugh: Oh, but there is...

Trump: What's this a photo of -- a bag of congealed oatmeal?

Kavanaugh - Havin - Cry - Tears - Puddle

Kavanaugh: It's me havin' a good cry! Do the same until the tears make such a huge puddle, it won't be clear if it's tears or pee. Everyone will be afraid to ask, so they'll just take whiffs to see if they can smell pee. Once they're sure it's not pee, they'll be so grateful, you'll get exactly what you want from them.

Trump: You're...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?