Notorious killer dubbed the 'Black Widow' reveals how she led armed robberies in east London

Mail Online | 7/6/2019 | Danyal Hussain For Mailonline
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/07/02/15723204-0-image-a-27_1562461226245.jpg

Britain's most notorious female gangster has revealed how she led armed robberies in east London, rejected a proposal from Reggie Kray and cut Myra Hindley's hair in prison.

Linda Calvey, now 71, from Ilford, was dubbed the 'Black Widow' because all of her lovers ended up either dead or in prison.

Story - Life - Book

She has now shared the story of her astonishing life in a tell-all book.

In it, she discusses how her first husband's death in an armed robbery gone wrong led to her own life of crime, which ended in her being convicted for murder of a lover.

Years - Killing - Britain - Female - Prisoner

She served 18 years for the killing and was Britain's longest-serving female prisoner for a time but insists that she never actually killed the man.

She served alongside Myra Hindley three times and said the Moors Murderer remained bitter and twisted until she died.

Hindley - Actions - Brady - Mother - Victims

Hindley blamed her actions on Brady and would also insult the mother of one of her victims Lesley Anne Downey, 10, describing her as 'that bloody woman'.

Speaking about how she cut Hindley's hair, Calvey said: 'She was fussy about her hair as that was the only control she had left. She'd send me Christmas cards and phoned her mother to say she had a lovely friend.

'I - Friend - Mum - Sorry - Daughter

'I would think 'I'm not your friend' but I would talk to her mum as I felt sorry for her having a daughter like that.'

Calvey is believed to have earned £1 million from her armed robberies but claims that she actually stole £100,000 a raid, suggesting the actual earnings are considerably higher.

Life - Crime - Getaway - Driver - Robber

She started her life of crime as a menacing getaway driver before becoming a gun-toting robber.

Later, she became a leading figure in the underworld, claiming that she was addressed as 'Lady Boss'.

Calvey - Time - Rose - West

Calvey, who also served time with Rose West...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?