Benny Hinn’s nephew details tragic tale of how televangelist exploits followers, hates smell of India in new book

www.christianpost.com | 7/6/2019 | Staff
ajoy26 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/18/231892.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

In September 2017, Costi Hinn, nephew of popular televangelist and faith-healer Benny Hinn, shared a brief testimony about why he defected from the family business of peddling the prosperity gospel to hapless adherents while living in the lap of luxury.

Months - February - Death - Evangelist - Billy

About six months later in February 2018, following the death of renowned evangelist Billy Graham, Costi’s controversial uncle, who has often been criticized for his endorsement of the prosperity gospel, made a stunning confession that sometimes he took the erroneous prosperity gospel too far.

"We get attacked for preaching prosperity, well it's in the Bible, but I think some have gone to the extreme with it sadly, and it's not God's word what is taught and I think I'm as guilty as others. Sometimes you go a little farther than you really need to go and then God brings you back to normality and reality," Hinn, now 66, said as he reflected on Graham's death with a ministry colleague in a Facebook Live broadcast.

God - Greed - Prosperity - Gospel - Truth

Now, in God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel: How Truth Overwhelms a Life Built on Lies, a new book set for release on July 9, Costi Hinn delivers a full-bodied testimony about the Hinn family’s exploitation of millions around the world with the prosperity Gospel, and it’s a revealing, cautionary and tragic tale that attempts to atone for his role in it.

The 224-page book is an easy read but it will ebb and flow in parts depending on what you are hoping to learn about Benny Hinn’s predatory operation.

Costi - Hinn - Ministry - Gospel - Bit

Costi Hinn who now runs his own ministry called For The Gospel, comes across as a bit preachy in parts, but he basically fleshes out the testimony he shared in 2017 and provides more background information on his uncle as well as himself to contextualize...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!